We've already touched on what that means for Library goers (more books, more resources, the same friendly smile). But today I just want to point you towards where you can find us on the World Wide Web because, we're not going anywhere.
- Rodney Libraries website. We have changed and updated our website. This only went live a couple of days ago so there may still be a couple of glitches to work out (let us know if you find anything). It looks a lot like the Auckland Libraries website which covers all 55 libraries, but if you want to look for specifically local content, this is the place to come.
- Rodney Libraries blog. Our daily diary of book reviews, library events and news from the library and literary world (plus local snippets) stays in the same place with the same look. With the departure of blogger rodneylibraries (Kris - Good luck for the future), regular posts will happen Monday, Wednesday and Friday. But there may be posts on the other days, so don't forget to check us out.
- Rodney Libraries Facebook page. Your chance to interact with us on one of the most popular social networking sites in the world. Links through to our catalogue and our blog. Tell us what you like best, what you want, and watch out for news of events happening in your local library.
- Rodney Libraries Twitter. Get quick updates and news by following rodneylibraries and/or kowhaireader on Twitter.
- Rodney Libraries Flickr. Relive the action from Clifford storytimes, see the team in action at work and out promoting the libraries at schools and Shows, watch as we make improvements to our libraries and find out what display has gone up in your local library.
Of course, for a catch-all the place you really need to check out next week is the new Auckland Libraries website. I know I will be.
Have a fantastic weekend everyone.